Monday, January 08, 2007

The Little Black Dress

Well, thank god I went to the Carson's flagship store liquidation sale before I left Chicago! Everything is 25 - 50% off now, making lots of elegant things within my price range, and so I purchased my first proper "Little Black Dress." It really came in handy for the Queen Elizabeth II's black tie dinner dress code! I learned about the versatility and necessity of owning at least one little black dress from old Hollywood movies (the kind where Audrey Hepburn stars), and I'm starting to think that these films are the only place nowadays where one can learn true grace and elegance ('cause you certainly don't learn those things in public school).

Anyhoo, dinner on board is, as I mentioned above, a black tie affair, which, I suppose, keeps the passengers out of trouble (I mean, who stirs up mischief when they're dressed in their very best?), but since I seem to be a magnet for trouble, we'll just have to see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home