Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tired girls and stuffy old men

Well, the girls did sleep last night, but they woke each other up at 4.30 and nothing could convince them to get back to sleep. I tried some quiet time in the room, reading books with them, but Noel (my "I-can-sleep-all-day-any-day!" darling husband) whinged at us so I dressed Tali and Bea and dragged myself outside to explore. We spent a couple of hours wandering around mostly on the outside decks. The girls spotted the outside pool and it was all I could do to stop them throwing themselves into the freeeeezing water for a "swim! mummy!". Though I can't blame them, the pool looks delicious and I can't wait for warmer weather! (Neither can Noel; he wants to show me off in the new swimmers he bought me)

Anyway after hauling Noel out of bed and dressing myself properly for the fancy schmancy dining room, we had brunch, which was fabulous too - hopefully I get tired of all the fancy food soon otherwise I'm going to go home 10kg bigger! Tali and Bea were acting up a bit though, they're just so tired and out of sorts dealing with the time changes and all the excitement. They'll settle down soon I guess and hey, I can deal with stuffy old men glaring at us, I reckon they need a bit of preschooler-joy in their lives!

Ok well Bea's just about asleep on my lap now so I might go lie down with her for a bit before dinnertime. I think Noel's gone with Tali to find the children's area for a play.

1 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Meridith said...

Hey, I picked up a bunch of books from the library on board. While most of what I got are not child appropriate (Stephen King, anyone?), I'd be more than happy to get a few that are and read to Bea and Tali if you'd like to take your husband and chill out for a bit. I love reading to kids!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home